It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

TOD Form  ||   Your TOD  ||   Other's TOD  ||   NDG's TOD  ||   Member Stuff  ||   NDG Members  ||   NDG Member Costumes  ||   Command Staff Admin  ||   501st Legion Forum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:09 pm 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

501st ID number: ID-56061
Home Garrison: Mos Espa Base / Bloodfin
|: Mos Espa Base XO
Hey guys and gals, I know Indy is a haul from where many of you live but I would like to extend a neighborly invite to a photo shoot I'm organizing. I reached out the Bryon and he thought it would be good to share there here on the boards.

The date is Thursday, November 1st @ 6:30pm till midnightish.

Here's an example of the photographer's work:

This is not a legion or star wars only shoot but will be mostly members of Mos Espa Base and Bloodfin Garrison. All troopers are VERY welcome to come with your legion costumes, your general cosplay or even just civilian clothes to hang out and socialize. Also, if you like the work of this photographer but don't like the big drive, he did say he'd love to come to different parts of the state for a minimum of 20 costumes (not 20 people, just 20 costumes).

Date/time/place:

Thursday, November 1st @ 6:30pm

The Sanctuary on Penn
701 N Pennsylvania St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Photos by The Portrait Dude https://www.facebook.com/theportraitdudecosplay/, a fabulous costume photographer from Columbus, OH. Check out his work on Facebook!

Rates:

The rate per costume will be between $22 and $25 depending on the number of costumes you would like to have photographed. This price table includes some higher pricing but we're already up to 30+ costumes so we get the cheapest volume break on any of these packages.

Essentially, each section above breaks down rates for a 1 to 5 costume package, shows the discount levels based on the total # of costumes shot across the whole group. i.e. if as a group we have 30 costumes shot overall and you only want to get pictures of 1 costume, you'll pay $25 and get 6 digital prints. If you purchase any photo package you can participate in group shots for free and select from them in your package or buy them separately from The Portrait Dude.... If you want to participate in group shots without purchasing an individual package you would pay only $15 and get copies of those groups. Physical prints and additional images can be purchased directly from The Portrait Dude.

If you're unsure of how many costumes you want shot please indicate your best guess and we'll lock this down and make payment the days leading up to the event.

Photographer will send out Paypal invoices in the days leading up to the shoot. Payment will be required by the day of the shoot but not earlier. Payment can be made from your phone with a credit card, a paypal account or cash in person.

Please ask if there are any questions.

The fun stuff:

My buddy owns this venue so we can treat it like home! Let's have fun, be comfortable, and leave it like we found it.

- Smoke machine!! - Photographer is bringing his smoke machine for fancy pictures of smokiness!!
- Pool table to goof off on when you're not being photographed
- Couches and super cool vibe for lounging and hanging out
- BYOB (bring coolers, the venue has ice)
- We can order out for pizza or bring in carryout
- Just think of this as a fun party in an old downtown church, where we get done up and take fabulous pictures and have fun together while others are being photographed!

I need the following info if you'd like to participate... We can figure out group shots later but knowing which costumes you're shooting can help me put together a schedule.

Name:
Package qty (# of costumes):
Which costumes:

Please privately send me your email and phone number, either here or via facebook or c.snyder @ outlook dot com. I won't ask you to post that publicly here but the photographer will use that to email you an invoice when the event approaches.

Feel free to come solo, as a group or and combination! I do have some couch and air mattress space if anyone would like to crash.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:58 pm 
IOC Detachment Leader
IOC Detachment Leader

501st ID number: TK-4584
Home Garrison: Northern Darkness
|: IOC- Executive Officer
FISD-Fire Team Director
EIB #198, Centurion #40
Fire Team 500 Founder
Man, Thursdays are killers...I'll see if I can make it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:08 pm 
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

501st ID number: ID-56061
Home Garrison: Mos Espa Base / Bloodfin
|: Mos Espa Base XO
Would love to have you sir!! I don't know what the 20 costume discount is... ;)